TUITION AND FEES
Registration Fees are Non-Refundable and due upon the time of enrollment:
- Dancer – $100 (due yearly and upon enrollment)
- Family Fee for 2 Dancers – $155 (due yearly and upon enrollment)
- Family Fee for 3 Dancers – $175 (due yearly and upon enrollment)
- Family Fee for 3 Dancers and up – $175 total (due yearly and upon enrollment)
Tuition Fee and Policies:
- Monthly Tuition – Due on the 1st of every month.
- Late Fees – A late fee of $15 will be applied after the 10th of the month.
- Additional Late Fee – An additional late fee of $25 will be applied after the 20th of the month.
- Non-payment of Tuition – after one full month will result in the student being dropped from the class. Another enrollment fee will have to be paid in order to re-enroll.
- Billing statements WILL NOT be sent. Payments may be made online or during office hours at the studio. We accept credit/debit card, checks, or cash.
- Sibling Discount – First dancers pays full tuition. You will receive a 10% discount off total tuition per sibling enrolled after first dancer. In order to qualify for the sibling discount, dancers must be living in the same household and be listed under one account.
- Non-Refundable Tuition – Please be advised that tuition payments are non-refundable. If a dancer is absent due to illness or any other reason, she/he will be allowed to make up the missed class in another comparable class we offer during the week.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Should the studio be forced to shut down due to government mandate, tuition will NOT be discounted or refunded. The entire month of May is designated for make-up classes in case of a shutdown. To clarify, any make-up classes that happen in May will be tuition free.
Showcase Costume Fees
- Due Tuesday, December 1st
- Costume Payments must be received in full no later than December 1st in order for a Showcase Costume to be ordered. You may begin making early payments toward your costumes any time leading up to December 1st.
- Accounts can be set up for Auto Pay through our online registration and payment system. This means your credit card will be charged on the 1st of every month for your balance owed. You MUST notify the office DURING REGULAR HOURS BEFORE THE 1st OF THE MONTH if you would like to cancel Auto Pay. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT COSTUME FEES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY WITHDRAWN WHEN DUE.
Returned Check Fee
- A $25 returned check fee will be applied to accounts if we receive a check and it’s returned.
- No Refunds on: Registration Fees, Costume Fees, Tuition, or Missed Classes
Spring Showcase Info and Fees
Participation in the Spring Showcase is not required but is encouraged! This performance provides dancers an opportunity to show off what they’ve learned throughout the school year in a professional show! Regular class attendance is extremely important in order for dancers to perform their best on stage! The Showcase will involve 2 days of tech rehearsals, 1 dress rehearsal, and 2 Nights of shows at Julie Rogers Theater. A detailed Showcase packet will be distributed after Christmas that will provide all the necessary information regarding the Showcase.
- Showcase Costumes – Costume Fees are due no later than December 1st. Detailed pricing for each class/costume will be provided. Costume Fees are due non-refundable. PLEASE NOTE – YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING IN ORDER TO RECEIVE COSTUMES IN MARCH.
- IMPORTANT NOTE – All Balances must be paid in full prior to the Spring Showcase in order for dancers to participate.
Class Withdrawal Policy
- If you wish to withdraw from classes, you MUST NOTIFY THE OFFICE BY EMAIL, WRITING, OR IN PERSON BEFORE THE 1st OF THE MONTH AND WE MUST BE NOTIFIED DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS (MON – FRI, 3:00PM to 7:30PM). Your account WILL continue to be charged for tuition until the office is notified of the withdrawal
Dropping Off / Picking Up
- General : Dancers should arrive for class between 5 and 10 minutes before start time. At this time, parents are not permitted in the Lobby, so please drop your dancer off by driving through our circular drop off area and pick them up the same way. NOTE – A parent or guardian of pre-schoolers (ages 2.5-4yrs) WILL be permitted to wait inside.
- DROP OFF: We use one lane only for dropping off and picking up. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING ALLOWED IN THE DROP OFF/PICKUP AREA.
- PICK UP: Please pick up your dancer in our driving through area. Remember – the drive through pick up is one lane only and NO PARKING is allowed in the drive through. Please pull through and come back around if your dancer is not ready.
- NOTE– DANCERS MUST BE PICKED UP AFTER CLASS ON TIME. CITY DANCE CENTER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DANCERS AFTER CLASS HAS ENDED. Please call the office at 409-434-1348 if you are running late so we can notify your child.
- At this time, parents are not permitted to wait inside the studio. Note – A parent or guardian of our pre-school age dancers WILL be allowed to wait inside.
- Anybody that is waiting in the lobby should keep noise to a minimum as not to disturb classes that are in progress. Siblings of students MAY NOT be left unattended in the lobby, and are expected to sit and wait quietly with a parent or guardian. Please respect our studio by refraining from gossiping, foul language, or rowdy behavior.
- All classes are closed to viewing so that teachers and students can maintain their focus without distraction. Parent Observation days are held twice during the season (November and March). We encourage parents or guardians to observe their dancers’ classes on these days. Details on parent observation will be emailed at a later date.
- Please note that the majority of information relayed is through email. It is VERY IMPORTANT that we have an email address on file for each family and that you check your email frequently.
- City Dance Center DOES NOT follow the BISD calendar. PLEASE REFER TO THE HOLIDAYS AND IMPORTANT DATES DOCUMENT THAT WILL BE LOCATED IN YOUR WELCOME PACKET. We will also send out reminders throughout the season. Please make sure the studio has a valid email address on file for your family.
- Q: If the studio is forced to shut down, will we have classes via Zoom?
- A: No, we will not have classes via Zoom if the studio is forced to shut down due to government mandate. We have designated the full month of May as our make-up month for classes is we should need it.
- Q: Will we have a Showcase if Julie Rogers Theater is shut down in April/May OR imposes restrictions on large group gatherings?
- A: We WILL have a Showcase to close out our season. If Julie Rogers Theater is closed, another venue will be reserved or we will try to reschedule our show dates at Julie Rogers. If Julie Rogers Theater is open but imposes restrictions on large group gatherings, we will split our show into smaller “mini” shows so that we can limit and spread out audience members.
- Because of the uncertainty going into this new season, some issues need to be addressed regarding costumes and our Spring Showcase. The costume payment due date was pushed back to December 1st (instead of the usual Nov. 1st) so that we have a better idea of the Covid situation and how it might affect our Spring Showcase BEFORE costumes are ordered. If there are any doubts at that point, we may push the costume payment due date out a little farther and you would be notified ahead of time.
- As far as our Spring Showcase goes, please understand that if the theater closes, we will have to move to alternate plans, such as rescheduled dates and/or a different venue. We may also have to split the show up into smaller “mini” shows so that we can limit audience members and practice social distancing. Any changes that we are forced to make will be communicated to you as soon as we have the information. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated as we navigate through this season.